[avatar user=”TomGobuzas” size=”thumbnail” align=”left” /]
Help make the 2015 WEF 5K Race and 1 mile Family Walk/Run a runaway success! Volunteers are needed to help with a variety of activities from pre-race registration and setup to race day efforts.
Below is a list of many ways you or your group can help. If interested, please complete the volunteer information at the link below. Select the activities which you would like to help the organization with.
Volunteers Will Receive:
- WEF 5K Volunteer Crew T-Shirt
- Lunch and snacks to keep you energized
- Access to food, music and more
- More fun than anyone should have while working!
What Do Volunteers Do?
Depending on event locations, volunteers may be assigned to do any of the following:
- Setup/Teardown – Lifting/moving tables & chairs, setting sponsor and course signs, general prep.
- Registration Area – Check in registered runners and distribute registration packets and t-shirt allocations for pre-registered individuals. Manage walk-up registrations and provide friendly customer service while assisting with basic event questions (Don’t worry, our staff will be there the entire time to work hand-in-hand with you).
- Starting Line and Finish Line – Assist with the flow at the starting line and provide runners with course direction at the first and final turns during the 5K and Family Walk/Run.
- Course Marshalls – Ensure runners stay on the route. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- 5K Refreshments/Water – Provide water at water stations and instruct participants on completing obstacles. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- Carnival – Areas of volunteering include food prep and sales, prize tables, bounce house monitors, etc.
- Parking – If asked to assist with parking, you will be diverted to assist with directing vehicles to available parking spots. Adults only!!
Friday Volunteer Opportunities
We are looking for a few recruits to assist with registration and t-shirt duty Friday before event day. Friday volunteers will work between 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
Saturday Volunteer Shifts
There are about 4 shifts for volunteers to choose from on event day with different responsibilities. However, they can bleed into other activities as needed. Please note all shifts are subject to change in the event of severe weather or sold out events:
- 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM